I'm not a techie, but I consider myself tech-capable meaning that I can solve most of my computer problems by reading online support sites and following the instructions. A couple of months ago my computer slowed down to a crawl and it was clear that the issue required a professional. I took it to a local computer repair shop and it came back in great working condition. Now I am seeing little problems pop up again like sluggish boot-up and an occasional crashing browser. I didn't want to schlep it back to the repair shop and wait two days to get it back, so I started looking into tune-up software. That's when the PC fairy dropped an offer in my lap from iolo technologies to review System Mechanic 10.5.
Product description from company website:
System Mechanic is the only PC performance and tune-up software designed to address and fix all nine root causes of PC slowdown. With over 51 advanced tune-up tools and a range of options to satisfy both novice and expert users, System Mechanic is engineered to breathe new life into old PCs by releasing misused processor cycles, sweeping away useless hard drive clutter and recovering wasted RAM memory. This software has been used by more than 32 million users to restore more than 75 million computers to their like-new performance. The newest version of the program, System Mechanic 10, is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP and can be used on all the PCs in a single-family household, with iolo’s industry-first Whole Home Licensing model.System Mechanic tackles the 9 roots causes of PC slowdown:
- Slow program access caused by misaligned programs
- Decline in RAM that impacts all PC processing
- Slow boot times caused by startup
- Redundant programs leading to conflicts and instability
- Slow web speeds caused by mismatched internet settings
- Registry errors and corruption causing instability
- Bloat that overtaxes the registry
- Fragmented hard drives that overtax drive processing
- Accumulated system clutter that wastes resources
For every user it all starts at the System Mechanic dashboard that visually guides you through the process of analyzing and making repairs to your PC system. Here are the results of my very own System Mechanic PC tune-up:
- It was very easy to install and worked fine in Firefox
- It worked in conjunction with my anti-virus software. System Mechanic actually monitors your firewall and anit-malware protection to make sure it's working.
- The IntelliStatus reports that provide real-time stats on system components that affect PC performance such as hard drive space (I always forget how to find that!), system memory and internet speed.
Please Read How to Enter This Giveaway: you must use the Rafflecopter form below to record your entries. Comments left on the blog post for the required or extra entries don't count unless you record it on the Rafflecopter form. Please wait for the form to load, it may take longer to pop up than the rest of the web page. Make sure you have java script enabled and your browser updated with the latest version. If you encounter an error, refreshing the page usually resolves the problem. If problem persists, please report the issue to Rafflecopter.