- She is such a cry baby and it is driving me nuts. It's sad to lead this week's update with that report, but it's gotten so bad that I worry about her. Crying is her default mechanism when she can't figure out something, when she drops food, when she's told "no", when she can't find a favorite toy...she dissolves into tears over just about anything. I don't want her growing up to be that character on "Seinfeld" who cries at the drop of a hat (she played Bette Midler's understudy and Jerry's girlfriend in the Rochelle, Rochelle episode). I don't think it's too soon to teach her some problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, but how?
- She is definitely cutting those second year molars. Her fingers are permanently rubbing the back part of her gums. Allergies are also troubling her, all of which is probably making her extra cranky.
- We are making steady progress on the potty front. She made two attempts at a bowel movement but freaked out each time at the sight of poop in the potty. She leaped up and screeched "ewwww! poop!" She wouldn't sit back down until the offensive turd was wiped away. Then the moment had passed. She is a pro at peeing in the potty, but pooping is apparently too gross.
- We went to visit a friend and her new baby girl on Friday. Marlie was so smitten with the infant (despite the look on her face in the photo). I think she would love to have a little brother or sister. No, I'm not hinting at anything...just saying Marlie would make a great Big Sis some day. She was so sweet with the little baby. It made my heart melt and my womb do a cartwheel.
- We piled in the car for a 10 am birthday party on Saturday. I have to give these parents props for a genius party idea for their 2-year-old son. All the kids had a blast and the parents did too. Don't worry I am going to share on Wednesday with photos, so come back and see pictures of the best child's birthday party that we've been to!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Things that Marlie and Me did this week: