It's been a long while since I've participated in a tag meme, but I couldn't resist when Kia at Determined to be Fit tagged me in Random Lists...
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
My 11 Random Things
- I dream every night, sometimes several times. They are vivid dreams like little movies.
- I cannot eat a piece of fruit with a blemish on it. I will stand in the produce section for 10 minutes picking out 10 perfect apples.
- I consider myself a reading buff, but I scored higher on the math portion of the SAT and GRE.
- I have a green mole on my right shoulder because it's sitting on a vein.
- I own and read all the Harry Potter books and saw all the films at the movie theater.
- My celebrity crush is John Cusack.
- I am a celebrity gossip junkie
- I would never see a male gynecologist, not because I'm shy about showing my lady parts to a dude, but because it's important that my doctor have the same plumbing as me.
- My first two cars were Hondas. The first was an '88 Accord 5-speed and the second was a '99 automatic Civic that me and hubby shared for six years.
- I started a nonprofit in back when I lived in Atlanta that is still operating today.
- I'm always cold. I cannot tolerate temperatures below 60 degrees. I will put on a coat, gloves and scarf if it's below 60 degrees.
- Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Got any real life ghost stories to share?
I do believe in ghosts, but I don't believe spirits and living humans should interact. There was a ghost of a little boy in the house I lived in from 7-12 grades. My mom saw him one night when my little brother came into her bedroom and asked her to tell the little boy that he didn't want to play because he was sleepy. When she looked at the foot of her bed, there he was!
- What would your dream career be (regardless of your personal talents or familial obligations)?
I would be a writer.
- Describe the best restaurant meal that you’ve ever had.
It was pan-seared salmon with roasted baby potatoes and sauteed spinach at a restaurant in the village of Oia on the island of Santorini in Greece. I still think about that meal.
- What is your favorite candy bar?
It used to be Snickers, but it's been over six years since I ate a candy bar...they contain too many processed ingredients. I also gave up gum for the same reason.
- If money was not an issue, how many children would you have (if any)?
Two is my limit no matter how much money I have. I don't think financials matter nearly as much as your capacity to be a good parent. I've seen single, working moms with four kids doing amazing parenting and I've seen two wealthy parents with one child who should have DCFS called on them. I know I couldn't give my all to more than two children.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes! When I first saw my husband my sophomore year of college I knew I was going to fall in love with him.
- Where would you like to live besides the place you live now?
I've always wanted to live abroad for a few years in a Spanish-speaking country so I could learn the language. Maybe Costa Rica.
- If you could travel back in time and change some incident in your life, would you do so? You would have no idea what effect this change might have on your current life.
That's a tough one. I've always said that all my life experiences (good and bad) have made me who I am and I wouldn't want to change that. But there is one incident that I wish I could do-over. I'm not sure if I would though.
- When your hair was the longest, how long was it? When your hair was the shortest, how short was it?
When I went natural in 2005, I stopped cutting my hair except for trimming the ends. I got really into taking care of it and it grew pretty long after about two years of consistent care. It came down to my mid-back when it was flat ironed. Then I cut it in 2008. At the start of my senior year of high school, I had it cut like Halle Berry's from Boomerang.Then I quickly grew it out because it was more maintenance than I realized.
- I heard on the radio that a recent episode of Fear Factor had the contestants drinking donkey se.me.n. Would you do this for the chance to win money?
Heck, nah! Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. My fear of vomiting is bigger than my competitive spirit.
- What’s the largest prize that you’ve ever won?
The $750 cash prize that came with a volunteer award I won my senior year of high school. I used it to pay for my class ring and senior trip.
- If you could live in a cartoon, which one would it be and what character would you play?
- What is your favorite cereal?
- If you could have a talent that you don't currently possess, what would it be?
- In high school were you a jock, a nerd, a drama kid, a band geek or something in between?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? Who was it, where was it? Did you act cool or like a crazed fan?
- Harry Potter or Twilight or neither?
- When was the last time that you were REALLY angry?
- If you could travel back and forth in time like in the movie Midnight in Paris, what period of time would you visit?
- Is your belly button an innie or an outie?
- Do you have any strange phobias?
- If the doctor informed you that you had one month to live how would you spend that time?
Nicole @ Help! Mama Remote
The Babby Mama
Kim @ The Child
Blogging While Nursing
Kelly @ My Voice, My View
Pamela @ Still Dating My Spouse