Thankfully, there are ways to keep reminders of your family around all day long. A lot of working moms revert to taping up their children’s colorings or macaroni-pasted wall art and calling it good. However, wouldn’t it be better to decorate your office or cubicle in sophisticated décor that still felt like home? Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Customized wall art: To make a big splash on the walls of your office or cubicle, create a piece of wall art featuring your favorite photo. This typically doesn’t have a frame and therefore looks clean and crisp, with nothing else to distract from the smiling faces of your family. You can also choose a variety of layouts, designs and sizes, so you’re sure to find something that fits your style and needs.
- Digital photo frame: Find an out-of-the-way spot on your desk to place a digital photo frame, where you can feature a constant slideshow of your favorite pictures. If you get stressed out during the day, take a few minutes to watch the photos and remind yourself of the blessings in your life.
- Photo books: Another fabulous way to capture your best memories is to create a photo book. Place captions inside and detail your adventures. Then, put the photo book(s) on your bookshelf or somewhere easily accessible in your cubicle. This is a fun way to show coworkers who stop by your office photos from your trip to Hawaii or your kid’s first birthday party.
|(l-r) Shutterfly desk plaque, customized wall art, photo cube|
- Desktop plaque: If you don’t have much wall space, have no fear – your office space can still contain stylish reminders of your family. Specifically, create a personalized desktop plaque, which is a frameless collage or favorite photo on a small chic mount.
- Display cards: What do you do when you get a card from your spouse or kids? Many of us bury it in a drawer, but wouldn’t it be more meaningful to display them? Use a shadow box or a stylish bulletin board to show off cards from your family that mean the world to you. If you’re feeling blue during the day, take down a card and gain encouragement from the words.
- Photo cubes: These wooden cubes display your pictures in a clean, creative way. Place them next to a vase of flowers and you have a simple, yet chic way to display your favorite photos.
- Ornaments: If the holidays are around the corner, purchase a small tree and hang ornaments that feature your kids’ smiling faces. What better way is there to brighten the holidays than that?
However you choose to decorate your office, remember that it’s possible to have a grown-up looking office with family mementos – ones that will remind you of the treasured gifts in your life, even in the midst of a hard day’s work.
|Heather Hewitt is a seasoned writer and guest author who enjoys connecting people with thoughtful products, services and ideas as they relate to crafting, photography, gift giving and personal expression.|