Blog Name: Marlie and Me
Blog Address: http://marlieandmommy.blogspot.com
How many children do you have and what are their genders/ages? 1 girl, 3 months-old
- What is your kid(s) favorite toy: her stuffed bunny
- What was your favorite toy when you were a child: my Monchichi
- What is your favorite season of the year and why: Spring because of all the pretty flowers
- What's on the menu for Thanksgiving: I fessed up that my husband is the better cook, so I think it goes without saying that he's handling Thanksgiving dinner. We are definitely having a turkey. He's been performing test runs of a wild rice and cranberry stuffing...yum! I do pitch in by making homemade cranberry sauce.
- What was your family's holiday tradition when you were growing up: up until age 5 or 6, it was taking pictures with Santa at the mall. Then, we didn't celebrate Christmas for a long time because my mother became a Jehovah's Witness. By the time she left the religion, we were too old to sit on Santa's knee!
- What is a holiday tradition you've established with your own family: me and my husband decorate a Christmas tree every Thanksgiving since we've been married. This year will be the first time we get to do it with Marlie.
- What is your lamest hobby: Back in college, I'd buy Happy Meals for lunch because it was all I could afford. I started to keep the toys that came with the meals, and now I have amassed a collection of more than 500 of those suckers...I like to think of them as heirloom pieces that will be passed down to Marlie.
- Name one item you would put in a time capsule and why: my Miseducation of Lauryn Hill CD. It pretty much sums up my life in the mid-90s.
- If you could build your dream shopping plaza, what 5 stores would you put in it: Big Lots, Target, Tuesday Morning, Ross, Whole Foods
- Are you more attracted to hunks or geeks, and who is your perfect specimen? Both, which is why I married my husband...he is a geek trapped in the body of 100% prime hunk!